Sunday, April 19, 2009

I <3 chocolate

I thought "like water for chocolate" was a very enjoyable read. The way the book is set up made it exciting to read. I also liked all the recipes and how they meshed into the book. The writer used vivid language to draw us in and keep our attention. I thought the romance between Tita and Pedro was romantic. I wanted it to work out for them so bad but Tita's mother was such a bitch about the whole thing. I can't imagine someone's family keeping them away from the person they love or being content watching someone you care about being that unhappy. I also loved the way Tita's emotions translated into the food she makes. My mom is a pastry chef and when I see her bake you can see the love and passion she puts into her food. I feel it is the same for Tita except that those people felt the effects of what she was feeling when they ate food. All in all I though "like water for chocolate" was a great love story and enjoyed reading it.

2 comments:

  1. I also really enjoyed the book. I felt bad for Tita and Pedro that they could not be together but when I think about it, Pedro should have never married Tita's sister in the first place. I feel that this was a much better read than the book "Love" and I would actually look forward to reading it. We should see the movie! You should tell your mom to write a book with all of her creative recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked the book, and agree that the setup of the book with the months and the recipes made it even more interesting. I also think that it was terrible that Tita and Pedro could not be together, i could not imagine not being with someone i loved.

    ReplyDelete